Monday, April 28, 2008
- got an early taste of the 90 degree weather to come our way in about 3 months; but this arid heat is quite lovely
- sweet bargain rental of a baby Mazda 3 and avoided any major collisions
- the Ross'es here are so much more organized than the ones i used to fare in VA
- people are so quick to be conscious of the impact of garbage and access to water -- efficient recycling receptacles all over the place and free water every where you go
- drivers follow the speed limit
- everyone drives, no ones walks, for fear of getting ugly-tan.
- ate the best Vietnamese food ever! (and probably the cheapest!)
- FLW is the bomb
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
okay, maybe i have had a nosebleed since the third grade, but this morning, the arrival of this nuisance was caused by my own nuisance...if you need a good laugh, call me this morning and ask me what caused this grossness.
in other news, i'm leaving for arizona in less than a week and i'm still catching up from last week's TO DOs, so unless my nose decides to clot up very soon, i'm way super behind.
all in all it was a good weekend that went by way too fast. accomplished a lot but always more to do:
+ saw the reflection of a closed-circuit broadcat of the pope 500 feet away from St. Pat's.
+ purchased a new toy, to share with the husband-roommate soon
+ babyshower / first communion / mini-fam-jam all in one day
+ laundry marathon
+ 'practiced' with geoff's new cousin Kellie [keep the "uyyyysss" to yourself, thanks.]
+ lost sleep over these growing $ concerns. man, it's expensive to grow up!
and for those of you whom i'm out of the loop with [thats great grammar!] i'll be in Arizona next Sunday, then straight to Philly that Thursday and somehow make it back to NYC.
ciao, ttfn. buh bye
Saturday, April 19, 2008
This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Pope B. did not attend any official dinners hosted by the White House, despite the fact that he celebrated the big 8-1 during his visit, since traditionally, popes do not consume meals in a public setting. However, i learned from this podcast this morning that our beloved PJP upon a visit in the Philippines awkwardly had to consume a banquet meal by the former first lady Imelda...I can just picture it now:
"Did you eat?"
P.S. - So how do pope's celebrate their birthday? And which hat do they get to wear on the special day? :)